Previously posted on my Facebook Page.
USA Today: “Why Nolan Wells's unexplained death resonates far beyond Mississippi.” Or the tragedy, or how it is bloated as a race-howled tragedy, resonates on this side of the divide? Before any finality in a centralized police investigation is out, the media has already trumpeted that the black youth was a victim of foul play, allegedly perpetrated by white kids. Same news trajectory angle of so many past cases. Seldom do we read a white individual wasted by a black cop etcetera. It’d seem only African-Americans and Latinos get the "raw end of the law" or the “short end of the stick.” So I understand the indifference of law enforcement to really pursue a case that has already been “decided” by the media and this side of the political debate.
Meanwhile, whatever happened to the Nancy Guthrie missing case? The 84-year-old mother of Today show co-host Savannah Guthrie hasn’t been found following her February 1, 2026, disappearance and suspected abduction from her Tucson, Arizona home. I guess we will just have to wait for the Netflix true-crime version to “know” the lowdown? Anyhow, we will never know because many things blur the truths, such as your fact and their fact, and my fact? ☮️๐ฝ☮️
BBC: “Saudi Arabia and Houthis exchange fire as U.S. disables a tanker in the Strait.” / Associated Press: “11 killed in new Russia-Ukraine strikes as Zelensky warns of bigger attack.” Of course the convenient road is to point at Mr Trump as the “cause” of these wars. Yet we both know the Middle East is the most conflicted region on earth. Years before the West’s discovery of oil in 1908, the ensuing “arms for oil” bilateral deals, conflicts following birth of Israel in 1948, Suez Crisis, spread of Arab/Muslim terrorism, Sunnis vs. Shiites etc etcetera.
Regardless of Iran’s membership to the BRICS trade bloc in 2024, with UAE and Egypt, which it harbored adversarial relationships for years, there’s still so many issues that surround these situations. Meanwhile, the Ukraine crisis could have been stopped months after 2022, before it escalated to this hell, especially that there was already a Euromaidan tempest or fighting in Donbas from 2014.
Clearly, Don’s current work is a continuation of what other POTUSes left him. Anyhow, the eerie divide in both the government and society at large in the U.S., and the hate-Trump howl irrelevant of what policy that he applies, make things worse. ☮️☮️☮️
Reuters: “Tehran tests Trump's recent pause with drone strikes on neighboring countries.” Maybe this is a conspiracy theory, but I insist, my take is based on historical facts. There is a higher, hawkish power that keeps this war raging. Of course, Iran has been in war for most of its existence but the war in the 21st century has evolved into a complex bitch that, it’d seem Tehran’s entry to the BRICS trade bloc isn’t helping. Etc etcetera. Meanwhile, Defense chief Pete Hegseth has got to go. He is apparently a hawk, which doesn’t really meld with President Trump’s foreign affairs playbook. But POTUS gets the heat, of course. ☮️☮️☮️
The Independent: “4 men shot trying to break up a fight between a man and woman in San Francisco.” Then, it was instinctive to me to break up a fight. I did it several times–in New York City, Los Angeles, Asheville. Not anymore. While I knew then that I could be “sued” for my chivalrous interference, whether I was on the right (or wrong), I still did it anyway. Not anymore, I guess? These days, you could be shot for peacefully or calmly "meddling" in a fight. ☮️๐ฝ☮️
Deseret News: “Teen takeovers are causing chaos in U.S. cities. Experts see a deeper problem.” Teen takeovers are large, flash-mob-style gatherings organized via platforms like TikTok and Snapchat. I don’t go out as much anymore so I haven’t seen one. Reports say that these convergences start to overwhelm U.S. cities, sparking extensive property damage, violence, retail disruption, and harassment of bystanders.
The spark or trigger here is apparently the resulting (or simultaneous) online/Social Media feed. Although violent hooliganism (sic!) isn’t new among sports fans, I tend to blame the internet as well as the provocation that escalates the celebration into mayhem. Meanwhile, experts argue that “teen takeovers” signal deeper systemic issues in youth development. Of course, but do we need to justify the chaos with youth’s innate recklessness? ๐คจ๐๐คจ

No comments:
Post a Comment