Friday, October 18, 2013

MY UPCOMING SHOWS

[1] Featured Poet in Al Black's MIND GRAVY POETRY on NOVEMBER 20, Wednesday (show starts 8 PM) at The Drip Coffee, 729 Saluda Ave., Columbia, SC 29205. Tel # (803) 661-9545. My 4th consecutive year to read at MG.



[2] PART of the lineup, "SOUP, SONGS, SOLIDARITY: A Benefit Concert for Typhoon Victims in the Philippines." DECEMBER 5, Thursday (7:30 PM) at White Horse Black Mountain. Performers: Malcolm Holcombe, Daniel Barber, Aaron LaFalce, Pipapelli, and poets Laura Hope Gill, Caleb Beissert. White Horse Black Mountain: 105 Montreat Rd., Black Mountain NC 28711. (828) 669-0816. $18 at the door ($15 in advance), $10 for students with ID, $5 for children under 12.

[3] PART of the lineup, "SOUP, SONGS, SOLIDARITY: A Benefit Concert for Typhoon Victims in the Philippines." DECEMBER 28, Saturday (8 PM) at Fresh Brewed Coffeehouse, 933 A Broadway St., Myrtle Beach SC. 843 251 8282. 

[4] Featured Poet at Monday Night Poetry & Music on JANUARY 27, 2014, Monday (show starts at 8 PM) at East Bay Meeting House, 160 East Bay St., Charleston SC. Tel # (843) 723 3446. My 3rd year to read there.


AWESOME poetry and music, an intimate community of words that connect like fibers to the heart and latte to the spirit! Open mics follow featured readings.

All shows, part of
Kiss The Earth
Environmental advocacy and awareness to calamity disaster relief action in my home country of the Philippines. My organization, Traveling Bonfires, helps a far-flung community in the northern province/s. Please come to the show with a little keepsake (books, canned goods, knick-knacks etc).

I hope to get my book, "Red is the Color of my Night" out before spring. But I have chapbooks and a CD, too. Meantime, I will be in Myrtle Beach from Oct 20th to 27th... This little writing saga and the road chase of the muses of plumes... Any poetry open mics in town, where I could share some of my words? And probably book a show with local singer-songwriters in the coming months? I'd like to open for musicians or be the intermission number. I can be funny, too—when I am not trying to. Or I can share my culinary magic, as well--like I can make a wok disappear, and then surface a honey glazed salmon in front of you on a sizzling plate! Ha! (But you need to produce the wine, yourself...)

Find me and both Mind Gravy and Monday Night Poetry & Music on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment